ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Online Privacy Statement
ARMY MOBILE NAVY MOBILE AIR FORCE MOBILE MARINES MOBILE COAST GUARD MOBILE
Download and print this Privacy Statement as a PDF here.
Effective Date: July 1, 2014
Defense Mobile Corporation provides mobile communications, commerce and community resources (the Services) under the brands ARMY MOBILE, NAVY MOBILE, AIR FORCE MOBILE, MARINES MOBILE and COAST GUARD MOBILE active duty and retired military personnel and their immediate families.
As a member of the military community and our customer, we are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We want you to know how we may collect, use, share and keep information about you and the choices that are available to you. When we provide Defense Mobile products or services to you, we may also give you specific additional details about how we will use your personal information. If you have a Defense Mobile product or service that is not provided by Defense Mobile (such as the MiliCash card issued by one of our partner bank), please review the relevant privacy notice that covers such product or service or contact your product or service provider for information about their privacy practices.
This online privacy statement applies to Defense Mobile websites, online applications that run on smart phones, tablets, mobile devices (â€œappsâ€), and other online services that we offer which link to this statement. It does not apply to websites, apps or online services from our partners that have their own online privacy statements.
Our websites and apps are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to children under 13 years of age.
Since we may change this online privacy statement, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this statement, we will update the â€œEffective Dateâ€ at the top of this page.
What is in this Online Privacy Statement?
What information does this Online Privacy Statement cover? What information do we collect online and how do we collect it? How do we use the information we collect about you? How do we share your information? How do we treat your Personal Information? How do we handle Aggregate and De-identified Information? How do we keep and safeguard your information? What are your choices?Do you have questions about the Online Privacy Statement? Glossary
What information does this Online Privacy Statement cover?
This online privacy statement describes how we (and our Service Providers) may collect, use, share and keep information that we get about you online. We gather Online Information if you:
- Establish an account with ARMY MOBILE, NAVY MOBILE, AIR FORCE MOBILE, MARINES MOBILE and COAST GUARD MOBILE;
- Visit or use our website or apps;
- Receive or reply to electronic communications from us;
- View or click on our ads or other online content; and
- Interact with us through social media websites and other websites and apps.
In this statement, we also explain how we may combine Online Information with Other Information and how we then use the combined information.
What information do we collect online and how do we collect it?
The types of information we collect depends on which product or service you use. Sometimes you give information directly to us (or to our Service Providers). For example, you give us your name, email, mailing address, phone number, or date of birth when you:
- establish a mobile account;
- fill out an online form or survey;
- register, log into or update the settings on your account using our online services;
- enter a competition or register for a marketing offer; or
- buy something on our websites.
We (and our Service Providers or Third-Party Ad-Servers) also collect information through Cookies and Similar Technologies. Most Cookies and Similar Technologies will only collect De-Identified Information such as how you arrive at our website or your general location. However, certain Cookies and Similar Technologies do collect Personal Information. For example, if you click Remember Me when you log in to our website, a cookie will store your username. We (and our Service Providers or Third-Party Ad-Servers) may collect information using Cookies and Similar Technologies about:
- the device you use to browse our websites or use our apps (for example, we may collect information about the operating system or the browser version and the type of device you use to open electronic communications from us);
- the IP Address and information related to that IP Address (such as domain information, your internet provider and general geographic location);
- browsing history on our websites or apps (such as what you search for, the pages you view, how long you stay, and how often you come back);
- how you search for our websites or apps, from which website you came from, and which of our Business Partnersâ€™ websites you visit;
- which ads or online content from us and our Business Partners you view, access, or click on;
- your browsing activities over time and across other websites, following your visit to one of our websites or apps;
- whether you open our electronic communications and which parts you click on; and
- the location of your mobile device (for example, when you use our mobile websites or apps to register to receive location-based content).
We (and our Service Providers or Third-Party Ad-Servers) may also collect information made publicly available through third-party platforms (such as online social media platforms), through online databases or directories, or that is otherwise legitimately obtained. This information may be governed by the privacy notice(s) provided by the third party at the time of collection.
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We may use Online Information we collect about you on its own or combine it with Other Information to:
- deliver products and services, including to:
- recognize you when you return to our websites or use our apps;
- complete transactions;
- tell you about updates to your accounts, products, and services;
- update you about new features and benefits;
- answer questions and respond to your requests made through our websites or apps and through third-party websites (including social media);
- use the location of your mobile device for location-based services that you may request;
- determine how to best provide services to you and manage your accounts, such as the best way and time to contact you;
- improve our websites or apps and make them easier to use;
- advertise and market our products and services â€“ and those of our Business Partners â€“ including to:
- present content that is tailored to your interests, including Targeted Advertising;
- send or provide you with ads, promotions, and offers;
- analyze whether our ads, promotions, and offers are effective;
- help us determine whether you may be interested in new products or services;
- conduct research and analysis, including to:
- better understand our customers and our website visitors or app users;
- allow you to give feedback by rating and reviewing our products and services and those of our Business Partners;
- produce data analytics, statistical research, and reports;
- review and change our products and services;
- manage fraud and security risk, including to:
- detect and prevent fraud or criminal activity;
- safeguard the security of your information;
- assess credit risks relating to our business, including to:
- evaluate and process your applications for our products and services and manage your existing accounts; and
- use it in other ways as required or permitted by law or with your consent.
How do we share your information?
Some Online Information is Personal Information.
How do we treat your Personal Information?
We do not share Personal Information with anyone except as described below. We may share Personal Information as required or as permitted by law, such as:
- with the Department of Defense to verify your eligibility to use our products and services;
- with credit bureaus and similar institutions to report or ask about your financial circumstances, and to report or collect debts you owe;
- with regulatory authorities, courts, and governmental agencies to comply with legal orders, legal or regulatory requirements, and government requests;
- with our Service Providers, regulatory authorities, and governmental agencies to detect and prevent fraud or criminal activity, and to protect the rights of Defense Mobile or others;
- with our Service Providers who perform services for us and help us operate our business (we require Service Providers to safeguard Personal Information and only use your Personal Information for the purposes we specify);
- with financial institutions with whom we jointly offer or develop products and services (but they may not use your Personal Information - in particular your email address - to independently market their own products or services to you unless you consent that they can do so); or
- for specific products or services, when you have given your consent.
How we handle Aggregated and De-identified Information?
Aggregated Information or De-identified Information does not identify you individually; it helps us to analyze patterns among groups of people. We may share Aggregated Information or De-identified Information in several ways, for example:
- for the same reasons as we might share Personal Information;
- with Business Partners to help develop and market products or services and present targeted content and Targeted Advertising;
- with Business Partners to conduct analysis and research about customers and website visitors; or
- with Third-Party Ad-Servers to place ads (including ads of our Business Partners) on various websites and apps, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
How do we keep and safeguard your information?
We use administrative technical and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and facilities. We take reasonable steps to securely destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information when we no longer need it. We will keep your Online Information only as long as we must to deliver our products and services, unless we are required by law or regulation or for litigation and regulatory investigations to keep it.
Network and Information Security
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. These safeguards help protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Be sure to use a strong account PIN to access your information on our websites and not one you use for other services.
What are your choices?
You have choices about how Defense Mobile uses your information, such as how we market to you or how we manage Cookies and Similar Technologies.
We follow the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) self-regulatory program and adhere to the DAA Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. Click here to learn more about the DAA and your choices related to Targeted Advertising.
If you do not want to receive Targeted Advertising from Defense Mobile, click here.
What are your choices about how we directly market to you?
You can choose how you would like to receive direct marketing communications whether we send them to you through postal mail, email and/or telephone. If you choose to not receive marketing communications from us, we will honor your choice. Please be aware that if you choose not to receive such communications, certain offers attached to the product or services you have chosen may be affected. We will still communicate with you in connection with servicing your account, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or any program in which you have elected to participate.
Go to armymobile.com, navymobile.com, airforcemobile.com, marinesmobile.com or coastguardmobile.com, as applicable, and log in and update your privacy preferences; or
Click unsubscribe on the bottom of e-mails and follow the instructions; or
- Call 844-456-0002 for Army Mobile,
- Call 844-456-0006 for Navy Mobile,
- Call 844-456-0003 for Air Force Mobile,
- Call 844-456-0005 for Marines Mobile,
- Call 844-456-0004 for Coast Guard Mobile
To update your preferences.
If you do not want us to share De-identified Information collected via Cookies and Similar Technologies with our Business Partners for their own analysis, research, and marketing purposes, click here.
What other choices do you have?
You can also:
- register for the National Do Not Call List at donotcall.gov/default.aspx;
- register for the Direct Marketing Associationâ€™s Mail Preference Service at dmachoice.org/register.php; and/or
- click unsubscribe on the bottom of e-mails and follow the instructions or go to:
If you have questions about our online privacy statement, call us at each mobile service listed above.
How can you update your Personal Information
Log into your account at:
to correct or update your Personal Information . You can call the customer service number associated with mobile service
data or information relating to multiple people which has been combined or aggregated. Aggregated Information includes information that we create or compile from various sources, including card transactions or certain data from Cookies and Similar Technologies.
Defense Mobile (we, our, us)
the Defense Mobile Corporation as identified at the beginning of this online privacy statement.
any third parties with whom we conduct business and have a contractual relationship
Cookies and Similar Technologies
a cookie is a small data file that a website transfers to your computer's hard drive. We may place cookies when you visit our website or another company's websites where our ads appear or when you make purchases, request or personalize information, or register for certain services. If you accept the cookies used on our website, websites that are â€œpowered byâ€ another company on our behalf, or websites where our ads appear, you may give us access to information about your interests. We may use that information to personalize your experience. Similar technologies such as web beacons, pixels, gifs, and tags also do the same thing. We use the term Cookies and Similar Technologies in this statement to refer to all technologies that collect information in this way.
- data or information used in a way that does not identify you to a third party. We often derive De-Identified Information from Personal Information. It includes information that we may collect from various sources, such as card transactions or certain data from Cookies and Similar Technologies.
a number assigned to a device when connecting to the Internet.
data or information collected on the Defense Mobile websites and apps 9 as well as on websites and apps of third parties relating to topics about our business.
Defense Mobile internal information (for example, transaction data), external data that financial companies use to process applications and complete transactions, and other online and offline information we collect from or about you.
information that can identify a person, such as name, address, telephone number, and email address
the mobile communications, commerce and community resource services that we provide alone or with our Business Partners under the brands Army Mobile, Navy Mobile, Air Force Mobile, Marines Mobile, Coast Guard Mobile, MiliCash and MiliSource.
any vendor, third party and/or company that performs business operations on our behalf, such as printing, mailing, and other communications services (email, direct mail, etc.), marketing, data processing, servicing, collections, or ad management.
ads we, or our Service Providers, or Third-Party Ad-Servers display on websites based on the preferences or interests inferred from data collected from a particular computer or device regarding web viewing behaviors over time and across different websites
companies that provide the technology to place ads on websites (and apps) and track how ads perform. These companies may also place and access cookies on your device. The information they collect from our websites is in a form that does not identify you personally.